Registered Users will be granted access to certain registered, password-protected areas of the Site. Visitors to the Site will not be granted access to all areas of the Site.
2. What is Donors Cure Foundation?
DCF is a nonprofit corporation. DCF has created the Site to provide a funding platform to support medical, healthcare, and health sciences research, whereby Users may donate money directly to specific research projects at universities, academic medical centers, and research institutions, which are governmental entities or nonprofit tax exempt public charities recognized pursuant to IRC section 501(c)(3) (each an “Institution”). By facilitating and encouraging the interaction between donors and researchers, DCF seeks to create a direct link between supporters of all levels and interests with the research they would like to support.
The Site is intended for the use of adults 18 years or older, who are residents or citizens of the United States. Children are requested to refrain from using this Site or from providing personally identifying information through this Site.
4. Account Information
When you register on the Site to be a User, you may be asked to provide DCF with certain information such as, without limitation, your name, address, zip code, email address, or phone number, educational and employment history, and professional certifications, and other information that might personally identify you (“Account Information”).
Welcome to the DCF Site, which we invite you to use as long as you abide by the following rules and restrictions:
Restricted Areas. Unauthorized access to registered areas of the Site by non-registered Visitors is prohibited. If you have a password allowing access to a non-public area of the Site, you may not disclose or share your password with any third parties or use your password for any unauthorized purpose.
No Illegal Use of the Site. Users and Visitors may not use the DCF Site to transmit, distribute, store, or destroy content (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
No Interference with Security. Users and Visitors are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) gaining or attempting to gain access to any account, data, service, or information, for which any such User is not authorized; (b) attempting to penetrate a system, network, or application by probing, “phishing”, scanning or testing the vulnerability of the system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, (c) engaging or attempting to engage in a denial of service attack on the site for the purposes of causing the Site to become impaired or inoperable, or attempting to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing”, or “crashing”, (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, or (e) forging any TCP.IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. DCF will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
DCF prohibits any use of the Site, and all Users and Visitors agree not to use the Site, to:
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Site’s infrastructure.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Site other than the search engine and search agents available from DCF on the Site and other than generally available third party Web browsers (e.g., Mozilla Firefox®, Google Chrome®, Microsoft Internet Explorer®).
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Post any communication or information that is misleading, false or inaccurate, for any reason.
- Post any franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership”, distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity, which requires an up-front or periodic payment, pays commissions, or requires recruitment of other users, sub-distributors or sub-agents.
- Post content that is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it.
- Post content that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner.
- Post Content that infringes on any intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others.
- Post content that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, invasive, hateful, or embarrassing to another User or any other person or entity.
- Post any type of inappropriate and/or sexually-explicit content.
- Post solicitations of business, chain letters or pyramid schemes, or impersonate another person; or
- Post content that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
- While DCF will permit Users to post hyperlinks to pages off of the DCF Site, as long as any such hyperlinks are directly related to activities promoted by DCF, such as scientific research in the fields of healthcare and academic medicine. DCF reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to disable any hyperlinks contained in a posted communication or otherwise posted on the DCF Site.
6. Registration and Password.
You will create a password during the registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and your DCF IT application-related user-name (collectively, the “Access Credentials”), and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the auspices of your Access Credentials. You are to (a) notify immediately DCF of any unauthorized use of your password or email address or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
License from DCF. DCF grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable license to use and display the contents and any services on the DCF Site. You must retain intact all copyright, trademark, proprietary and other notices in these permitted activities. Unauthorized copying or duplication of the content, including but not limited to text, graphics, sounds, images, logos, button icons and software that has been modified, merged, and/or included on the Site and/or any compilation thereof in any manner without the express prior written permission of DCF is expressly forbidden. You acknowledge that you may not sublicense, transfer, sell or assign this license or the services received thereunder. Any attempt to sublicense, transfer, sell or assign this license is null and void.
9. DCF’s Liability.
DCF Is Only a Venue. The DCF Site acts as a venue for Visitors and Users to gather, query, post, display, modify, and view public information, individual User profile information, news releases, and details of research studies. DCF has no control over the quality, safety, or legality of the institutional, staff, and researcher-specific information posted by any User. DCF has no control and no responsibility over any research project featured on the Site, including without limitation, any adverse event, liability, harm to life or otherwise, damages, cost or expense associated with any research project or activity identified or featured on the DCF Site. Please note that there are additional possible risks when using the Site, including without limitation, risks associated with dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other Users with whom you come into contact through the DCF Site.
Release from User-to-User Dealings. Because User authentication on the Internet is difficult, DCF cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be or that their personal information is truthful or complete. DCF facilitates an exchange of information; it does not supervise, verify or regulate the content of that information. It is the responsibility of each User to take the precautions that the User deems suitable to assure the identity of any other User with whom he, she, or it deals and to assure the accuracy of information provided by other Users on which he, she or it intends to rely. Because we do not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on any DCF Site, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more Users, you agree to release DCF (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code 1542, which says, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor,” we are under no legal obligation to, and generally do not, control the information provided by other Users which is made available through the DCF Site. By its very nature, other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. We expect that you will use caution and common sense when using the DCF Site.
Inaccuracies. The content of the Site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. DCF makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of this Site or the content. Your use of the DCF Site and the content is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to each Site by DCF at any time for any reasons as deemed appropriate by DCF. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content, and accuracy of any content placed by you on the DCF Site.
10. Limitation of Liability, Warranties, and Disclaimers
You agree that use of this Site is entirely at your own risk.
The DCF Site and the services provided therein are “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any warranty for information, services, uninterrupted or error free access, or products provided through or in connection with the service, including without limitation our software or services licensed to you and the results obtained through the service (unless such warranties are legally incapable of exclusion).
Specifically, we disclaim any and all warranties, including without limitation: (1) any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, or content of information, products, or services; and (2) any warranties of title or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, inoperability or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration, of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. You specifically acknowledge that we are not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other Users, visitors or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with you. Our entire liability and your exclusive remedy with respect to the use of our services is the cancellation of your registration.
NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OR CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS OR DATA, OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF USE OF ANY DCF SITE OR INABILITY TO GAIN ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE DCF SITE WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT DCF IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. You hereby acknowledge that the provisions of this section shall apply to all content and services on the DCF Site.
11. Links to Other Web Sites
The DCF Site provides links to third party World Wide Web sites. Because we have no control over such third party websites, you acknowledge and agree that DCF is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that DCF is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, from any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website.
12. Special Provisions Relating to Donors
Thank you for your interest in funding a research project featured at the DCF Site. By donating to a project or creating a new account on the Site ("Donor"), the following additional terms apply.
You will be responsible for the use and maintenance of the confidentiality of your user ID and password (which you will receive upon completing the process of registering as a Donor) for access to Donor-restricted portions of the Site, and shall not share your ID and password with anyone else. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Donor or User at any time or to disclose your password to anyone else. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account. All suggestions and comments you provide become the intellectual property of DCF.
Services Provided by DCF.
We review each research project proposal or activity to verify that the research project is intended to create generalizable knowledge and benefit to the public. Our efforts include, but are not limited to, screening the proposed research project for compliance with the DCF eligibility requirements.
DCF reserves the right to exclude any Donor from use of the Sites, in DCF's sole discretion. All directions and requirements stated on the Sites regarding Donors or donations shall apply to any donation offered or made by you.
When a partially funded project does not reach 100% of its initial budget within the period of time ascribed the research project as posted on the DCF Site, DCF reserve the right to direct the funds to as substantially similar scientific research initiative as is possible.
DCF cannot be responsible for the success of any proposed or funded research projects or for the activities (or lack thereof) of the researchers participating in any proposed or funded projects.
At this time only Donors from the State of South Carolina may make donations through the use of the DCF Site.
13. Special Provisions for Institutions.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a participating Institution of DCF.
In applying to become a participating Institution and at all times in which you are a participating Institution, you agree as follows:
- You are either a governmental entity or nonprofit tax-exempt public charity recognized pursuant to IRC section 501(c)(3).
- You will ensure that all such proceeds raised through the DCF for the benefit of a research proposal submitted by a researcher at your Institution will be used for the purposes stated in the original research proposal submitted.
14. Special Provisions for Researchers
Thank you for your interest in submitting a research proposal to the DCF Site. The following additional terms apply to those Users, who sign up for a researcher account and/or to post a research-funding proposal on the DCF Site (each a "Researcher").
You will be responsible for the use and maintenance of the confidentiality of your user ID and password (which you will receive upon completing the process of registering as a Researcher) for access to Researcher-restricted portions of the Site, and shall not share your ID and password with anyone else. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Researcher or User at any time or to disclose your password to anyone else. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account. All suggestions and comments you provide become the intellectual property of DCF.
By submitting a proposal, you promise that:
- All information that you supply about yourself and your research project and proposal is true and accurate in all respects;
- The research activity you propose is legal and approved or will be approved by all applicable bodies at your Institution and as required by law; all information you provide to DCF is accurate prior to initiating your research, and you will promptly update the information to keep it accurate;
- Any proposals you submit are solely for your research and are not on behalf of any other person’s research; and
- You have full rights to any ideas, descriptions, materials, and photos you submit to DCF, and that you (and not DCF) are solely responsible for such submission, including its legality and appropriateness, and that all such materials are your original creations and use by DCF will not infringe on any rights of any third party.
- If your proposal is approved by DCF (in DCF's sole discretion), posted on the DCF Site and funded, you agree to use the materials or funds received solely as stated in the proposal and in a manner directed by DCF.
DCF will not be required to treat any submission or research project materials as confidential.
16. Your Responsibility
17. Termination of Service
You may terminate your right to use any DCF Site and services at any time by notification to us as set forth above. We may terminate your account or access rights to any or all DCF Sites at any time, without notice, in our sole discretion.
18. General Provisions
19. Your Acceptance of these Terms